I have a 1961 John Deere 3010 Utility Diesel tractor. The engine had a rod knocking, I had the engine rebuilt. Wow, what an expense to do. I have hopes of completely restoring this tractor someday, I just love the size and power it has. Such a nice tractor for work on a small farm. It also has a 46 loader which was originally a trip bucket but I have converted it to a hydraulic bucket. The front tires are probably 99%, the rear are about 80%. There are no factory remote outlets, but I have included a set on the loader controls. I've been able to restore the fenders, hopefully in the spring I can include some photos of those. The next project should probably be a new right hand rear tire, then the front steering motor and bushings.
I've had to do a complete rewiring. So much fun. You can follow my progress on http://charliemckinley.com/wordpress
A brief synopsis of the rewiring. My first suggestion is to check your regulator. Make sure it is clean, not corroded and functioning properly. Had I done this, I'd have saved a generator and a battery. Had I checked it five years ago, I may have put off the complete rewiring for another 5 years or so. But I am pleased as can be that it is now rewired. I found a few things that also may help someone else.
Serial Number 3010 14T15401